This year’s international day of love was a day like no other for dVine thanks to record sales. On this ideal occasion for a romantic dinner or a night out with friends, our hotel and restaurant clients seized the opportunity to propose dVine’s premium wines and spirits to their customers. In this article, find out which were dVine’s best-selling Valentine’s Day wines and which clients delivered top performance.
The Top Five Favourite Valentine’s Day Wines
- The Saint-Emilion Grand Cru 2018 from Château de Béchaudis our hands-down best-selling listing. Its perfect blend of black fruits and aromas of blackberry, raspberry and cherry seduced many a guest this February 14th.
- The Coteaux du Layon 2018 Patrimoine from Château Soucherie is a deliciously rich sweet wine with a nose of honey and candied pear. Beautiful liveliness on the palate ensures this is a superbly balanced wine.
- The Sancerre 2021 from Domaine la Clef du Récit is a juicy and tangy white wine with a delightful combination of citrus fruit and Granny Smith aromas.
- The Châteauneuf-du-Pape 2020 from Domaine de la Graveirette has great intensity with hints of mintiness and lemon verbena, along with cherry and strawberry notes. On the palate, this wine is supple-textured and highly drinkable, showing peppermint notes and stunning freshness.
- The Chablis Vieilles Vignes 1946 2021 from Domaine Jean-Marc Brocard is this estate’s flagship wine. In a delicious expression of the very unique terroir of Chablis, this wine reveals lovely notes of apple and pear with a fresh and very pleasant herbaceous side.
The Top Five Establishments that Outperformed
With the help of our Customer Success Coach in the run up to Valentine’s Day, our clients went all out to develop stunning menus featuring dishes paired with dVine wines.
See which of our partner establishments performed best on the day, here below:
- L’Hostellerie d’Acquigny in Acquigny
- Sens et Saveurs in Manosque
- Brasserie Là-Haut in La Rochelle
- Restaurant le Garden in Saint-Maur-des-Fossées
- The Racines restaurant in Bordeaux
All the dVine team would like to thank them as well as our customers in France, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland and the UK.
Valentine’s Day Performance at dVine
So as well as being the international day of love, February 14th was one that broke all the records at dVine!
This year, we notched up a new all-time high for the number of flacons sold, with a figure up 85% on 14 February 2022. Performance was above target, which shows the strength of our clients’ dVine offerings.
In addition to wines, dVine spirits – a recent addition to the product portfolio – were also promoted well and won over a good number of end customers, in a sign that dVine is revamping this product’s image.
dVine spirits offer a way to generate additional margin and are fast becoming popular with our hotel and restaurant owner clients. Our Made in France selection is revitalising and dusting off the image of spirits. In this article, discover this new dVine range in detail: Read the article